Saturday, August 25, 2007

Full and Finals

All your FnF’s are done here only. You hit someone with a stone; someone else will hit you with a stone, just that these events would be dislocated in time, so that you don’t realize that you were paying back for that particular misdeed of yours. Not that it is just related to misdeeds but your goodwill is also rewarded in a similar fashion. The laws remain the same.

We humans have a tendency to crib when things don’t seem to go our way. We tell every one our sorrows. We share the opinion that god has been rude to us, really mean. But we forget when we are being mean to other human beings. Let us talk about me only, because this is more of introspection rather than a preaching talk. I crib a lot when some shit happens to me because of some other person. And I keep on cursing that person and god (poor god always takes shit). It is true that this person is to blame for what he/she did. But did I ever wonder why this event occurred to me. Yes I did. And I could exactly see a parallel event in my past. It seemed the same story, only the roles were reversed. And yesterday’s tyrant was today’s atrocity bearer.

So, how am I supposed to behave when I find out that reason for the havoc of my life? Easy said, but once identified the cause should be pursued. Time machines have not be invented as of now, so you can’t go back and set that thing right. The best you can do is accepting it. Accept that you deserve a punishment for your past follies. And take is gracefully. I don’t say that I repent on what I did, because remorse is never a suggestion I would want to give, but take it indifferently. Try cutting the cribbing part. That will help you regain the peaceful state of your mind. This is one of those small line equations which have too much theory in their background and too much of ground work has been done for them, so that you can’t derive them every time. So, like those few formulas that you just have to cram only, do for this law as well.

Morality tells me for every wrong deed there should be a punishment afflicted. And there is no better justice than tit for tat. Only then you would know how it is like, to be, in someone else’s shoes, who has been a victim of your atrocities in past.

Self realization and self control are two modes of relieving the pain one is entitled to!

8 comments:

Preeti Shenoy said...

OMG! So cryptic! And so philosphical.
*Self realization and self control are two modes of relieving the pain one is entitled to!*
How can you say that? Does it mean you are ENTITLED to pain? Is anybody ever? I agree self realisation and self control go a long way..But ENITITLEMENT? I do not agree!

Diabolic said...

Thnks PS. Going by the context, Entitlement to pain is a result of past evil deeds of a being! thus we all r entitled to pain! (unless u r never wrong, on ethical grounds)
Surely the question of ethical correctness of any action is subject to scrutiny!!

Preeti Shenoy said...

Are you talking about 'karma' here? How can you say FOR SURE that past evil deeds ENTITLES you to pain?May be you can say that he/she did this to me --so he/she DESERVES it...or "Serves him/her right"--That is gloating na? How is it entitlement?

munmun said...

DEEP....TOTALLY KARMIC....WAT GOES COMES AROUND.....

munmun said...

deep....karmic....inspiring

Monica Sood said...

life is a circle... u get wat u give.. moral of the story..dont hurt anyone coz u too will end up gettin hurt in the process.

Monica Sood said...

moral of the story: dont hurt people or else u too will end up gettin hurt in some way or the other.

Prats said...

A opst that can set you thinking!! It belongs to that saying "Jaisi karni waisi bharni".
I don't know about entitled to bear pain...like PS said. It feels like as if you're casting a spell on that person for the wrongs that you had done which rebounced...